Friday, January 19, 2007

killing myself


When you tell me to kill myself
I listen
Dreams that come from undying moments

A round trip in the train
Silent conversations
And same T Shirts

If you say no,
I will have to leave
And go away

Will you ever understand my poetry?
Or that letter I wrote in my diary
I want to leave you
With the guilt

Of those endless nights
And those long lonely walks
I go away

------------------------------------------------------------------

Now
I kill myself everyday
I get immense pleasure from it
My love has made me insignificant
I am in fits of insanity
It’s only your rejection that I see
It’s only the fire I yearn for
This is the decision of destiny
The script has already been written

The acts change, and so do the costumes
Let’s sell this show better
Serve the liquor and make this a whore house

My gods tell me that I can be one too,
I just need to know the rules
And understand the psyche
Of the masses

You rule my senses, thoughts and dreams
You live in my memories and words
You slipped away few months ago…..
I still look for you through these corridors

2 comments:

man in painting said...

i liked that line"i kill myself every day"Dying each day is so important in life.But dying to what?"me" the memory should die.I prefer not to kill even me.
nice.
i read the poem in my own way and liked it.
keep on writing.

Akshay said...

Man in painting: Thanks... I agree there are different ways to read poetry.